Halloween is one of our favorite holidays! Who doesn't love a chance to get dressed up and P-A-R-T-Y! This year, ditch the hyper-processed candy and make some treats at home. Try Tatiana's recipe for baked chocolate donuts with (optional) spider web frosting. Let us know what you think! Tag us at @eatsunnylife.
Baked Chocolate Donuts with Spider Web Frosting
Makes 12 Donuts
1 cup gluten free flour
3/4 cup oat flour (I make mine from rolled oats, pulsed in a blender)
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 tbsp high quality cocoa powder
1/ 2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup milk of your choice (Regular, Almond or Oat)
2 tbsp fat of your choice (Coconut Oil, Butter or Oil)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, mix dry ingredients. In another bowl, mix wet ingredients.
3. Add dry into wet ingredients and mix. Pour donut batter into a nonstick donut tin, making sure not to cover the "hole" in the center of each donut mold.
4. Bake for about 7 minutes in the oven or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool before frosting.
5. Melt the dark and white chocolate separately in bowls in the microwave and pour into plastic ziploc bags. Snip the edge off of each bag.
6. Working with one donut at a time, pipe two white chocolate circles on top. Then in between the white chocolate circles, pipe a dark chocolate circle. Using a tine of a fork or sharp tip, pull outward, creating a cobweb effect.
Allow to cool and harden. Serve!